CLEO Speakers Network
The goal of the CLEO Speakers Network (CSN) is to build individuals’ speaking capacity to simplify climate science, its seriousness and solutions for the general public. The CSN provides participants training and support. They use credible science to shape their own climate messages and take on as much or as little content as they wish when designing the scope of the presentation they plan to make.
Registration for the first 2019 cohort #1 is now open till January 25th.
Only 20 applications can be accepted for each cohort. You will be contacted shortly after registration ends on January 25th to find out if you are in the first cohort, or on the wait list.
The CLEO Speakers Network Meet-ups:
**Please note that the first meeting is mandatory in order to complete the program.
- Meeting #1 in-person: Wednesday, February 6 (Mandatory) at CLEO
- Meeting #2 virtual: Wednesday, February 20
- Certification date 1: Monday, March 4
- Certification date 2: Monday, March 18
- Certification date 3 (TBD in March on a need basis)
1. First Meetup: Watch a climate change 101 presentation from beginning to end, to understand how to communicate your message and get information on the the causes, impacts and solutions to climate change. Receive all materials you need to start your presentation.
2. Virtual Meetup: Use this opportunity to ask questions to the coach and program manager in order to fine tune your presentation and the content.
3. Certification: Present your final 15 minute presentation with PowerPoint to CSN coach and CLEO staff to receive your certification.
All meetings will be held from 6:00 PM - 7:45 PM at CLEO's new office:
2103 Coral Way, 2nd Floor
Miami, FL 33145
**If you cannot attend the first mandatory meetup or the certification dates, we kindly ask that you please leave your seat for another student. Given that there are only a few meetups for each cohort, we require that students make themselves available on those dates.
Sign up below if you want to receive general information on the CLEO Speakers Network.